On a continued note from my last post, I have reviewed and revamped my GAME plan a little bit as I went through this week’s resource materials. First, a few things that I feel are going to be essential to accomplishing my goal…
Resources I will need to carry out my GAME plan: Internet access, promethean or any other smart board technology that will allow students to work interactively together on websites, software programs, and collaborative works, as well as a subscription to United Streaming in order to expose my students to real-world videos that tie in with our curriculum. I will need access to a document camera or scanner, as well as audio recording software. I will also be needing help from my colleagues as well as experts in the education field to collaborate with to get better ways I can expose my 1st graders to real-world problem solving while using technology. Additional Information I will need: How to step up a working digital portfolio that tall students, parents, and teachers can access, and how to assist my students in creating digital storybooks.
So, what have I done for to work toward my goal? Research! Being a self-directed learner I’ve always been one to gain as much information about a topic as I could before jumping into something that I have not through all the way through yet. So through talking with my own colleagues and searching online for ideas of what other teachers have done to use technology to help expose their lower elementary students to real-world situations, I’ve been able to piece together a few ideas for my 1st graders. One of the ideas I had gotten from a colleague was to have my students create a digital storybook on how to solve some type of real-world scenario. I am still working on what topic might be the best for my 1st graders so any suggestions would be great! I’ve used United Streaming in my classroom for a number of things, so I have been sifting through some of the videos available on there for some ideas.
Magan
Magan:
ReplyDeleteI applaud you for capturing your student’s attention and imagination. Working with 1st graders present particularly interesting challenges; however, you’ve developed a very workable plan. In the past, I’ve found great projects on the global school network. I’ve been able to tailor my search to find current and future projects and ideas. In most cases, I modify and integrate some of the project ideas to match my curriculum. My classes enjoy and look forward to share their experiences. Hope this helps.
http://www.globalschoolnet.org/GSH/pr/search.cfm
Karla
Karla,
ReplyDeleteWhat a cool website! Thank you for sharing that. There are already a few things that have caught my eye :)
Magan