What this particular course, the focus was mostly on creating GAME plans that allow you to first see what goals need to be achieved, then how to map out the plan to achieve them, and finally, forcing you to make a conscious effort to keep up on the progress of the goals through evaluation and reflection.
The biggest adjustment that I think I will be making to my teaching with this information is creating plans for myself and with my students that clearly lay out what needs to be learned, what they want to learn and improve on, and just how to go about doing it. Sometimes it is easy to get that tunnel vision where you are concentrating on just one particular skill, that you forget to take a step back and look at why that skills is important and what knowing it help you achieve in the big picture of things. So by keeping some of the goals in the game plans broad, I think it will cause myself and my students to see more of the big picture.
Magan
No comments:
Post a Comment