One would think that after you have learned a given lesson once or twice that you take it with you and you generally do not have to learn it again. However, a lesson I find myself learning time and time again is that nothing is ever as complicated as it seems once you take a closer look and break it up into steps. I have a feeling many of us can relate to this feeling of being overwhelmed at the thought of starting something new and adding strategies into our teaching styles. Luckily this course also helped break two great ideas in education up in smaller pieces. Now, implementing the Universal Design for Learning and Differentiated Instruction into my classroom does not seem quite so scary.
During this course, we were required to set up a group NING. Very helpful!! It was great to be able to chat and discuss some issues we were having, resources we had found, and ideas on how to get the most out of our time with our students.
I have learned so many valuable resources throughout the course and I plan to use many of the resources to offer my students options in their learning. Just because all students have a common goal in mind, does not mean that all students need to get to this goal the same way. Things like United Streaming, Starfall and Kidspirtation are programs that students will be able to use independently to enhance their learning, while programs like VoiceThreads, Podcasts, and digital stories, are all great resources that allow students to portray their learning to others. Read.Write.Think is a resource that Tanika offered up that I can’t wait to explore more in depth with my students.
With all these new resources, it sure makes implementing differentiated instruction seem a lot less complicated!
One more course to go! There is light at the end of the tunnel after all.
Magan
No comments:
Post a Comment