Well it’s been six weeks now since I have created my GAME plan. My original goal was to expose students to solving real-world problems using technology while using professionalism and responsibility of their use on the web and other technology tools. I have to say, that in just these pas six weeks I am very happy with the progress that I have made toward this goal. While I started out trying to find one large project that would achieve this goal, I have come to realize over the last week that one project, no matter how significant it is or now well it relates to the real world, is not enough. In order to achieve this goal, I have to be consistently involving students in solving real-world problems, and constantly modeling and expecting them to use technology responsibly and professionally. By creating an interactive whiteboard in my classroom has made a world of difference! I can show students first hand how I go about searching and selecting quality video resources on the internet, how I give them each resource credit, and I can use countless flipchart type materials on the board that allow students to interact with real world situations on a daily basis.
Since I’m feeling pretty confident in my current goal, I am extending my NETS based goal to include using technology to help inspire creativity in my students. There is no doubt that using technology in my classroom has inspired student learning, but I still would like to see my students pulling out more creativity.
To achieve this goal I will certainly start where I started my last goal: turning to my colleague for advice and suggestions. With various education blogs, forums, and my own teaching staff, there are endless amounts of resources out there to get started. I think for this goal it is also important to allow as much student freedom as possible. So…now starts the process of improvement all over again!
Magan
Magan,
ReplyDeleteI think focusing on bringing out more creativity with your students is a great focus. It's important that we push our students to go beyond what they think they can do. Great new goal.
Lori
Magan,
ReplyDeleteYour comment about using real-world problems consistently and modeling technology responsibility is very insightful. As we all know sometimes our actions speak much louder than our words, by modeling your technology skills and responsibility your students will grow also. Encouraging your students to be more creative with technology is a good new goal! Sounds like you are accomplishing much with your students.... Great Job!
Leilani
Thank you for the comments. It seems like such a simple goal: encourage students to be creative. However it certainly is something that I want to do more effectively and know that it will take some conscientious effort.
ReplyDelete